Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Hakuba Christmas


This weekend I went skiboarding (some skiing, some snowboarding) with Meg and some friends in the Hakuba area of Nagano, Japan, the site of the 1998 Winter Olympics. The snow wasn't very good the first couple days, really hard and wet, and the second day it got reeeally hot outside, I was sweating like crazy, it was so bizarre (global warming). But the last day we finally got some fresh snow and to make it even more fun, you could get a free lift pass if you dressed up like Santa. So Ayako, Vince, and I dressed up like Santa and Andy dressed up in a full reindeer outfit complete with a little well-placed tail. Even though the snow wasn't amazing each day, we still had a good time and, as always, enjoyed the onsen at the end of each day. We got back into Tokyo last night and today I'm spending Christmas with Meg who is running around like crazy trying to cook a special meal.


Merry Christmas, everyone!
*<|:)